Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Adapted from a Canadian Cookbook
Make and share this Roasted Carrot and Brie Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- salt and black pepper
- 3 ounces brie cheese (rind removed)
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- Heat oven to 450F and melt the butter in 9 inch square baking pan.
- Add carrots and roast for 20 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer carrots and butter to a large heavy saucepan.
- Add onions and cook until translucent (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add the chicken stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- Pour about 1/3 of the soup in to a blender.
- Cut the cheese into small pieces and add to the soup in blender; blend until smooth.
- Pour into a clean saucepan, blend remaining soup and add to saucepan.
- Add the cream and correct seasonings if necessary.
I love this recipe! It's decadent...I have made it several times - both with & without the cream. I like it both ways but with the cream it's definitely richer.