Recipe by Kasia#3
My husband and I love this soup! Baking the veggies brings out the best flavors! Very tasty soup.
- 5 large carrots, peeled and halved
- 2 celery ribs, with leaves halved
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground mace
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup beet, cooked and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Place the carrots, celery and onion in a shallow oven-proof dish to fit.
- Dot with the butter and sprinkel with the sugar, ginger and mace.
- Pour 2 cups of the broth into the bottom of the dish.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foi. Bake for 2 hours.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and transfer them, along with any liquid, toa large, heavy pot. Addd 3 cups of the broth. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes, partiallly covered. Cool slightly.
- Puree the soup along with the cooked beets in a blender or a food processor until smooth. Return to the pot. season with salt and pepper. Add some of the remaining broth for a thinner soup, if desire.