Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My husband and I love this soup! Baking the veggies brings out the best flavors! Very tasty soup.
Make and share this Roasted Carrot and Beet Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Place the carrots, celery and onion in a shallow oven-proof dish to fit.
- Dot with the butter and sprinkel with the sugar, ginger and mace.
- Pour 2 cups of the broth into the bottom of the dish.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foi. Bake for 2 hours.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and transfer them, along with any liquid, toa large, heavy pot. Addd 3 cups of the broth. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes, partiallly covered. Cool slightly.
- Puree the soup along with the cooked beets in a blender or a food processor until smooth. Return to the pot. season with salt and pepper. Add some of the remaining broth for a thinner soup, if desire.