2 hrs 30 mins
My husband and I love this soup! Baking the veggies brings out the best flavors! Very tasty soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350.
- 2Place the carrots, celery and onion in a shallow oven-proof dish to fit.
- 3Dot with the butter and sprinkel with the sugar, ginger and mace.
- 4Pour 2 cups of the broth into the bottom of the dish.
- 5Cover tightly with aluminum foi. Bake for 2 hours.
- 6Remove the vegetables from the oven and transfer them, along with any liquid, toa large, heavy pot. Addd 3 cups of the broth. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes, partiallly covered. Cool slightly.
- 7Puree the soup along with the cooked beets in a blender or a food processor until smooth. Return to the pot. season with salt and pepper. Add some of the remaining broth for a thinner soup, if desire.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Carrot and Beet Soup
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.4
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 1007.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 6.8 g