Recipe by Trinkets
Oven roasted until the carrots are caramelized, it's so good and so super easy. Add the flavor of garlic and fresh parsley and send it over the top! This is a great side dish for any entree, and good enough to serve royalty! *Please do not use the little carrots marketed as "Baby carrots". Those are cut out pieces from deformed whole carrots and preserved in a chlorine bath since the pieces no longer have a skin to preserve them. I don't suggest cooking with pool water, either!
- 6 whole carrots, cleaned
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop the carrots into 1" pieces, season with salt and pepper and toss with a couple tbs of olive oil.
- Place on a roasting pan. Do not cover.
- Roast in the oven for about 45 minutes and then toss with the chopped garlic and a bit more olive oil if needed.
- The carrots will need about 15 more minutes to soak in the garlic flavor and become caramelized.
- Remove from the oven and toss in the parsley.