Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I haven't tried this recipe got it from Australian Table Magazine. Sounded interesting so thought I would put it on here in my cookbook.
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded
- 1 small garlic head
- 9.85 ml olive oil, plus
- 200 ml extra olive oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 9.85 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.78 ml tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper Coat capsicum and garlic with olive oil and place on prepared tray.
- Cook in oven for 30 mins, until both are tender when tested with a skewer.
- Transfer to a heatproof bowl, cover and stand 5 minutes.
- Peel skin from capsicum and discard.
- Place flesh in a food processor.
- Cut garlic bulb in half horizontally and squeeze cloves into processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Add egg yolks and vinegar and process to combine.
- With motor running gradually add about 150ml of extra olive oil, 1 teaspoon at a time, processing well after each addition, until mixture starts to thicken.
- Add remaining oil in a thin steady stream until incorporated.
- Add tomato paste and process until combined.
- Season to taste.