Recipe by Chrissyo
A light and full bodied salad. I acquired this recipe from the local pub. Note: Fetta or any soft, crumbly cheese can be used instead of the goat cheese, and toasted pecan halves make a nice change from walnuts.
- 375 g large spiral shaped pasta
- 400 g red capsicums
- 400 g yellow peppers (2 medium)
- 150 g goat cheese, crumbled
- 35 g good quality walnuts, toasted,chopped coarsely (1/3 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaf
- 60 ml red wine vinegar
- 80 ml olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, until just tender; drain.
- Rinse under cold water; drain.
- Meanwhile, quarter capsicum, remove and discard seeds and membranes.
- Roast under grill or in oven at 250°C, skin side up, until skin blisters and blackens.
- Cover capsicum pieces with plastic or paper for 5 minutes, peel skin away; slice capsicum thinly.
- Place pasta and capsicum in large bowl with cheese, walnuts, basil and combined remaining ingredients; toss gently to combine.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread.