Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Simple roasted pumpkin recipe I came across on epicurious.com. Substitute the squash below for Calabaza. Calabaza is often sold already chopped into chunks in many Latin markets. This is because of the difficulty many have in chopping the whole squash. Select pieces with a fresh, moist and unblemished flesh. Soft or wet spots means the squash is beginning to spoil. The color of the flesh should be a bright orange. Whole squash are more difficult to find, but if you find one, select one that still has the stem attached and is heavy for its size. You should avoid purchasing a squash with bruises, cuts, or soft spots. Calabaza is available year round.
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Remove the seeds and peel the calabaza, then cut into 3/4-inch-wide pieces
- Toss with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread onto baking pans in a single layer.
- Roast the calabaza for 20 minutes then turn each piece.
- Roast for another 20 to 30 minutes or until they are caramelized.
- Serve with lime wedges spritz onto squash.