Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
yum! cabbage and balsamic vinegar!! Found this in Everyday Food.
- 1 head red cabbage (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450°F Cut cabbage into 12 wedges; remove thick core and discard. Pull wedges apart; toss on a large rimmed baking sheet with oil, 2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Cover sheet tightly with foil. Bake until cabbage is crisp-tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove foil; continue cooking, tossing occasionally, until tender and browned in spots, 20 to 25 minutes. Toss with Vinegar and serve.
Excellent and easy. Used green cabbage, otherwise followed the recipe.
This was a nice side to steak and potatoes, and a great way to use up leftover cabbage. It only took 25 minutes to finish. Next time, I'll cut way back on the oil. Thanks for posting.
I made this last week-end as the recipe stated, except I sauteed in a pan. It was lacking something. Today I sauteed some chopped red onion, added 1 1/2 tsp of sugar and the balsamic, and sautwith roasted lamb shanks and a pan gravy. Thanks for posting the basic resipr.