Recipe by xtine
A great way to prepare cabbage, especially in the winter. This recipe calls for olive oil, but if you want to be bad, you can use bacon grease, which will add an extra flavor element. I have used both green and red cabbage for this recipe.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut the cabbage into eighths, leaving the core intact (leaving the core intact will hold the wedges of cabbage together while you are roasting them).
- Place the olive oil in a shallow pan or plate with a high rim. Rub each cabbage wedge in the olive oil, making sure all surfaces are covered.
- Place the wedges on a baking sheet and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 40 minutes, turning the wedges over after 20 minutes.