Recipe by Rita~
A wonderful, healthy, fall/winter meal! Butternut is roasted revealing it's sweetness. Encased with fresh greens barely cooked so the body can enjoy all the rich enzymes helping the body digest the heavy festive meals. Sprinkled with Pine nuts and dried cranberries for yumminess. Any Thanksgiving/Christmas table will stand out with this as a side or make a meal of it! You can easily half the recipe.
Top Review by Wish I Could Cook
Wow! What a find! This was so pretty and so delicious. Definitely will be repeated! I forgot the garlic, and it was still fab. But I love garlic and will be sure to add it back next time. The recipe would be great for a holiday table, a definite easy to make yet impressive to serve recipe!
- 8 -10 cups diced butternut squash
- olive oil
- 7 shallots, peeled and quartered
- 20 garlic cloves, peeled
- seasoned salt
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 10 cups rough chopped greens, like spinach, Swiss chard, Kale
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- fresh sage, chopped to taste
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Peel squash and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds from the center and discard. Cut squash into large chunks. Coat with olive oil. Season seasoned salt and and rosemary to taste and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for about 45=60 minutes stir half way through, roast until well caramelized.
- Coat shallots and garlic with olive oil. Season to taste with seasoned salt and spread on a second lined baking sheet. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until well caramelized.
- If using Swiss chard stir fry the stems for 2-3 minutes. If using tender greens just toss into the hot butternut without cooking before serving to just wilt. Swiss chard, kale and or collards you just want to lightly cook or eat raw for the good for you enzymes. If you don`t like it firm and crisp go ahead and simmer until desired texture is reached.
- When squash, shallots, and garlic are done, toss with greens, tossed pine nuts, sage and cranberries. Serve immediately.