Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A terrific twist on traditional roast squash :) and easy! from November Bon Appetit
Make and share this Roasted Butternut Squash With Lime and Rosemary recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -5 cups butternut squash, cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh rosemary (or use frozen rosemary)
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F; peel squash and cut into cubes about 1 inch square.
- Put squash into plastic mixing bowl, add olive oil, lime juice, and minced rosemary and toss well so squash is all coated with oil.
- Arrange squash on roasting pan in single layer. Dot with butter. Roast for 40-50 minutes, turning several times, or until squash is quite softened and getting browned on the edges.
- Season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, and serve hot.
I microwaved the squash for a few minutes to make the peeling go a little easier and quicker. Loved the flavors! Thanks!
Delicious! I added some chopped red onion to the mix. The rosemary was a nice touch. I think fresh sage would work too. The lime offered a subtle bit of a tang. I could not stop eating it. DH took the leftover for lunch today. This went perfectly with our beef stew! YUM! Great for the upcoming holidays. Thanks for posting!
Delicious! So easy to prepare. I also omitted the butter as I was going for a vegan dish, and it turned out great.