Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great Cooking Light recipe--that no longer seems to be on their web site! It is super easy and super delicious! (Note: Time includes squash prep time)
- 2 1⁄2 lbs cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried herbes de provence
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 medium onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place first 6 ingredients in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray; toss well. Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Loved this! Bought some cubed organic butternut squash at Costco so prep was minimal. Delicious and easy, my kind of side dish. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
We loved this light and fresh dish. The butternut squash and herbes de provence are slightly sweet. I used a garlic oil 78603. This went very well with chicken.
WE loved this. The herbes De Provence really brough the sqauash to life. This is certainly a keeper at our "garden home" Thanks for sharing. Maryanne