Roasted Butternut Squash, Walnut, and Asiago Bruschetta
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, toss the butternut squash, caperberries, walnuts, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt, and chile flakes; spread on a small baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, mixing about every 10 minutes.
- Increase temperature to 500° and cook for 10 minutes more; the squash should be soft, yielding, and slightly brown; remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Preheat a panini grill; grill the bread slices for 2-3 minutes until they are golden brown; transfer to a serving platter.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the butternut squash onto the prepared toasts.
- Top with a quick drizzle of walnut oil and a sprinkling of grated Asiago just before serving.