Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Fall/winter appetizer or snack
Make and share this Roasted Butternut Squash, Walnut, and Asiago Bruschetta recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups diced butternut squash
- 1⁄4 cup sliced caperberries, stems removed
- 1⁄3 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 8 slices baguette, 3/4 inch thick, cut on diagonal
- walnut oil
- 4 ounces asiago cheese, grated using the large holes of a box grater
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, toss the butternut squash, caperberries, walnuts, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt, and chile flakes; spread on a small baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, mixing about every 10 minutes.
- Increase temperature to 500° and cook for 10 minutes more; the squash should be soft, yielding, and slightly brown; remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Preheat a panini grill; grill the bread slices for 2-3 minutes until they are golden brown; transfer to a serving platter.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the butternut squash onto the prepared toasts.
- Top with a quick drizzle of walnut oil and a sprinkling of grated Asiago just before serving.