1/2 Photos of Roasted Butternut Squash Soup With Crispy Croutons
1 hr 10 mins
A devourable soup. I really love this made with smoked chicken stock as it adds a beautiful flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken stock or 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 -4 teaspoons fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut butternut squash in half from top to bottom and remove seeds from both halves.
- 2Place cut side down on baking sheet.
- 3Bake for 30-40 minutes or until flesh of squash is fully softened.
- 4On a low heat, saute onion in butter and oil until soft and browning.
- 5Add garlic and saute until fragrant and soft.
- 6Remove roasted squash from skin and put into soup pot.
- 7Add stock and bring soup to a boil.
- 8Reduce heat to a simmer and add seasoning and herbs.
- 9Simmer for 15-20 minutes and then add sour cream (if using) and blend until smooth using a hand blender or blender.
- 10While soup is simmering, toss bread cubes with oil and seasoning and toast in oven until golden brown.
- 11Serve with chopped green onion and/or croutons.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Butternut Squash Soup With Crispy Croutons
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.1
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.4 mg
- Sodium 255.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper