Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 15 mins
Fall roasted vegetables, caramelized and blended with the perfect balance of of seasoning. This healthy soup is a great comfort!
- 2 large butternut squash (peeled, seeded and chopped one inch pieces)
- 1 medium sweet onion (peeled and chopped one inch pieces)
- 3 carrots (peeled and chopped one inch pieces)
- 3 medium celery ribs (peeled and chopped one inch pieces)
- 2 medium apples (peeled "Gala or Fuji" (cored and chopped one inch pieces)
- 1 medium red pepper (peeled, seeded and chopped one inch pieces)
- 1 medium orange bell pepper (peeled, seeded and chopped one inch pieces)
- 1 medium yellow pepper (peeled, seeded and chopped one inch pieces)
- 4 garlic cloves (whole, skins removed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 (32 ounce) cartons chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Clean, peel, seed and chop all vegetables & apples in uniform size.
- In a large bowl toss together chopped vegetables and apples with olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt & 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Roast on 2 sheet trays in oven at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes until caramelized.
- Once roasted, deglaze warm sheet pans with white wine or vinegar.
- Blend vegetables with juices from deglazing in batches in food processor or blender with 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock with each batch until smooth or preferred consistency.
- Combine in Stockpot with seasoning and simmer on low heat or in Crock.
This soup is the best soup for a cool winter's afternoon. I feel so good after eating it and ready to take on the world. Full of vitamins!!
Very tasty - and we aren't fans of winter squash. Nice blend of flavors, nice color. Thanks for sharing.