2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Fall roasted vegetables, caramelized and blended with the perfect balance of of seasoning. This healthy soup is a great comfort!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large butternut squash (peeled, seeded and chopped one inch pieces)
- 1 medium sweet onion (peeled and chopped one inch pieces)
- 3 carrots (peeled and chopped one inch pieces)
- 3 medium celery ribs (peeled and chopped one inch pieces)
- 2 medium apples (peeled "Gala or Fuji" (cored and chopped one inch pieces)
- 1 medium red pepper (peeled, seeded and chopped one inch pieces)
- 1 medium orange bell pepper (peeled, seeded and chopped one inch pieces)
- 1 medium yellow pepper (peeled, seeded and chopped one inch pieces)
- 4 garlic cloves (whole, skins removed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 (32 ounce) cartons chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Clean, peel, seed and chop all vegetables & apples in uniform size.
- 2In a large bowl toss together chopped vegetables and apples with olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt & 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- 3Roast on 2 sheet trays in oven at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes until caramelized.
- 4Once roasted, deglaze warm sheet pans with white wine or vinegar.
- 5Blend vegetables with juices from deglazing in batches in food processor or blender with 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock with each batch until smooth or preferred consistency.
- 6Combine in Stockpot with seasoning and simmer on low heat or in Crock.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.8
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.4 mg
- Sodium 330.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar