Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat nonstick jellyroll pan with cooking spray. Combine carrots, onions and olive oil in large bowl; toss to coat well.
- Arrange squash halves, cut side up, on the prepared pan. Spoon carrots and onions around the squash halves.
- Roast vegetables until tender and golden, stirring carrots and onions every 30 minutes. Total cooking time will be about 60 to 90 minutes. Let cool about 20 minutes.
- Scoop out squash flesh; place in a large food processor. Add carrots and onions. Process until somewhat smooth. Transfer to large non-stick saucepan; stir in chicken broth and milk. Bring to simmer, then cook about 10 minutes.
- If desired, cover soup and refrigerate up to one day. Rewarm over medium heat.
- Spoon soup into serving bowls; top each serving with a dollop fo sour cream, a sprinkling of parsley, freshly ground pepper and salt.