1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Renee D's Note:
I think this recipe originally came from Gourmet, but I think you should make 1.5 times the sauce or else it's too dry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs butternut squash, quartered, seeded, peeled, and cut into 1/2 inch dice (about 9 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 9 sheets dry no-boil lasagna noodles (7x3 1/2 inch)
- 5 ounces freshly grated parmesan cheese (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F and oil 2 large shallow baking pans.
- 2In a large bowl toss squash with oil until coated well and spread in one layer in pans. Roast squash in oven 10 minutes and season with salt. Stir squash and roast 10 to 15 minutes more, or until tender and beginning to turn golden.
- 3While squash is roasting, in a saucepan bring milk to a simmer with rosemary. Heat milk mixture over low heat 10 minutes and pour through a sieve into a large pitcher or measuring cup.
- 4In a large heavy saucepan cook garlic in butter over moderately low heat, stirring, until softened. Stir in flour and cook roux, stirring, 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat and whisk in milk mixture in a stream until smooth. Return pan to heat and simmer sauce, whisking occasionally, about 10 minutes, or until thick. Stir in squash and salt and pepper to taste. Sauce may be made 3 days ahead and chilled, its surface covered with plastic wrap.
- 5Reduce temperature to 375°F and butter a baking dish, 13 by 9 by 2 inches. Pour 1 cup sauce into baking dish (sauce will not cover bottom completely) and cover with 3 lasagna sheets, making sure they do not touch each other. Spread half of remaining sauce over pasta and sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan. Make 1 more layer in same manner, beginning and ending with pasta.
- 6In a bowl with an electric mixer beat cream with salt until it holds soft peaks and spread evenly over top pasta layer, making sure pasta is completely covered. Sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan over cream.
- 7Cover dish tightly with foil, tenting slightly to prevent foil from touching top layer, and bake in middle of oven 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake lasagna 10 minutes more, or until top is bubbling and golden.
- 8Let lasagna stand 5 minutes. Garnish each serving with rosemary.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Butternut Squash, Rosemary, and Garlic Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 597.0
- Calories from Fat 380
- Total Fat 42.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.8 g
- Cholesterol 118.2 mg
- Sodium 660.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 18.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-boil lasagna noodles