1/1 Photo of Roasted Butternut Squash, Marcona Almond & Pomegranate Salad
1 hr 5 mins
What's Cooking?'s Note:
I based this wonderful fall salad around three things I had on hand: Roasted butternut squash, a ripe pomegranate, and Marcona almonds-- the sweet, heart-shaped Spanish variety of almond that is blanched and then fried lightly in olive oil and sea salt (you can purchase them at Costco or gourmet shops). This is one of my favorite salads, with perfectly complementary textures and flavors along with vivid fall colors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- pomegranate seeds, from one pomegranate
- 1/3 cup marcona almonds
- crumbled goat cheese (optional)
SPICE-ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 large butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1PREPARING THE SQUASH:
- 2Preheat oven to 375.
- 3Cut ends off butternut squash, peel, and slice lengthwise.
- 4Remove seeds and chop into 1 inch cubes.
- 5In a medium bowl, combine spices, oil and vinegar into a paste.
- 6Add squash and toss until coated.
- 7Arrange the squash cubes in one layer in a roasting pan.
- 8Roast for 20 minutes, toss once, and cook for an additional 25 minutes or until the squash is browned and is tender throughout.
- 9Cool to room temperature.
- 10PREPARING THE DRESSING:
- 11Combine vinegar, olive oil, honey, mustard and black pepper in a jar; shake thoroughly to combine.
- 12ASSEMBLING THE SALAD:
- 13Add just enough dressing to the salad greens to coat the leaves very lightly.
- 14Add squash and pomegranate seeds; toss gently.
- 15Sprinkle marcona almonds and goat cheese (optional) on salad just before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Butternut Squash, Marcona Almond & Pomegranate Salad
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.3
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 61.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens