1 hr 10 mins
This warm, comforting, gooey dish puts you so much in the mind of autumn. A great way to impress all of those out of town guests this holiday season. to make it a vegetarian entree, simply omit the italian sausage
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 lb sliced portabella mushroom
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 9 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 3/4 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 3/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1preheat oven to 450 and oil 2 large baking pans.
- 2in a large bowl toss the squash with oil until well coated and spread in a single layer in the pans.
- 3roast the squash for ten minutes.
- 4stir and season with salt.
- 5roast another 15 minutes or until tender and turning golden.
- 6preheat a skillet over medium heat and add the two tablespoons butter.
- 7add the onions ans saute.
- 8when onions begin to soften add the mushrooms and saute another 5 minutes.
- 9remove mixture and place in a bowl.
- 10brown the sauage in the skillet. drain and combine with mushroom mixture.
- 11in a saucepan, bring the milk to a simmer with the rosemary.
- 12heat on low heat for ten minutes and strain into a measuring cup.
- 13in a large saucepan heat the 1/4 cup butter and hea over low heat.
- 14add the garlic and heat until softened.
- 15stir in the flour to make a roux and keep stirring for 3 minutes.
- 16remove pan from heat and gradually mix in milk.
- 17return to pan and simmer 10 minutes whisking occasionally until sauce gets thick. season with desired amount of salt and pepper. sti in the squash.
- 18pour 1 cup of the sauce into baking dish and cover with 3 lasanga noodles making sure they dont touch.
- 19spread remaining sauce over pasta and layer 1/2 the sausage mixture.
- 20add not quite half the cheese mixture and add three more noodles.
- 21create one more layer in the same order.
- 22beat heavy cream with salt until forms a soft peak.
- 23spread over top layer of pasta sprinkling with remaining cheese.
- 24cover tightly with foil, tenting it slightly bake for 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Butternut Squash Lasanga
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.6
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 88.3 mg
- Sodium 754.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 19.4 g