Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe couldnt be easier and is very flavorful.
- 2 lbs butternut squash, peeled and seeded (about 1 large one)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg or 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh nutmeg, grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut peeled and seeded squash into 1-inch cubes.
- Spray a baking sheet or dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place squash on baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss to coat and arrange in a single layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until very tender and beginning to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to serving dish or bowl.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium-low heat, until butter turns a nut-colored brown, about 4 minutes only-- don't burn it!
- Pour over squash, toss to coat, and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Serve hot.
Delicious. I didn't need as much of the butter. Thanks!
Easy to prepare (well, after you get the darn butternut squash peeled!! ;) ) We enjoyed the flavor also. Thanks!
This is delightful as it is, and we all so appreciate your sharing this recipe. . .an even sweeter variation is to add a quick, complete turn or two of your black pepper grinder, add a pinch of cinnamon amd nutmeg, mixed with maybe a 1/4c+/- of brown sugar and sprinkle the sugar mixed with the spices over the top and bake. . .NUMmmmmyyyyy??