1/1 Photo of Roasted Butternut Squash and Sausage Ragout & Ravioli
1 hr 20 mins
I came up with this receipe on a particularly gloomy fall day. I wanted some warm savory comfort food, and boy did this do the trick! Not only was it flavorful, but very pretty too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean, peel and cube the butternut squash into bite size pieces. Place in baking dish and lightly coat with 2 Tbs olive oil, salt & pepper. Roast at 350 covered until soft (about 40 minutes). Once soft, remove foil and continue baking until light golden brown edges appear.
- 2When the squash is almost done roasting:.
- 3Sauté the chopped red onion and zucchini in 2 Tbs olive oil, season with salt & pepper, set aside.
- 4Chop asparagus into bite size pieces and steam lightly, set aside.
- 5Cook bacon and chop finely. Saute with loose sausage (if buying sausages, just squeeze out of the casing).
- 6I used a Sicilian chicken sausage. When sausage is almost cooked all the way through, add ¾ cup of chicken broth and set to high. Add zucchini, onion, kidney beans and rosemary. Continue to cook on high until about half of the liquid has cooked off. Add butternut squash and Guinness. Stir until all ingredients are well mixed. Set to low, and let simmer.
- 7Bring 6 cups of water to boil and place ravioli in boiling water. Allow to cook until tender (about 5 minutes).
- 8Heat the alfredo sauce on medium heat until warmed.
- 9Just before serving, stir in the lightly steamed asparagus. Serve the ravioli over the ragout, top lightly with crème sauce & balsamic reduction drizzle.
- 10I served with a green salad tossed with goat cheese, raspberries, walnuts and a champagne vinaigrette.
- 11Very easily made vegetarian by omitting bacon, sausage and using vegetable broth.
- 12Low carb version - omit the ravioli.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Butternut Squash and Sausage Ragout & Ravioli
Serving Size: 1 (794 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 774.7
- Calories from Fat 435
- Total Fat 48.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 82.4 mg
- Sodium 1455.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 24.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: