2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 5 mins
From Cooking Light. Per serving: 469 calories, 14.4 g fat, 22.1 g protein, 66.6 g carb, 6.8 g fiber, 40 mg cholesterol.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (1-inch cubes)
- 6 slices bacon (sweet smoked hickory)
- 1 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 8 ounces uncooked mini penne
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp provolone cheese
- 1/3 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 teaspoon salt, rosemary, and pepper.
- 2Lay the squash out on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt mixture.
- 3Bake in a 425° oven for 45 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- 4Remove squash from oven and increase oven temp to 450°.
- 5Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- 6Remove bacon from pan; discard all but 1 1/2 teaspoons drippings in skillet; crumble bacon and set aside.
- 7Increase heat to medium-high; add shallots to skillet; stir/saute for 8 minutes or until tender.
- 8Combine squash, bacon, and shallots; set aside.
- 9Prepare pasta by following the package directions; drain well.
- 10Combine flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- 11Gradually add in milk, stirring constantly using a whisk; bring to a boil.
- 12Cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring constantly.
- 13Remove pan from heat; add in provolone cheese; stir until cheese melts.
- 14Add pasta to cheese mixture; toss well to combine.
- 15Spoon pasta mixture into an 11x7 inch baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray; top with squash mixture.
- 16Sprinkle parmesan cheese evenly over the top.
- 17Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until cheese melts and begins to brown.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Butternut Squash and Bacon Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.3
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 41.9 mg
- Sodium 879.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 18.0 g