Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made this without the brown sugar. I found it needed to cook for more like an hour. I found out later it's best to pre-cook squash in the microwave for about 10 minutes, uncut, to soften it. Then it's less dangerous to cut and when you cut it you scoop out the seeds and season it, finishing it in the oven for 10 minutes. Recipe courtesy of Food Network and Robin Miller.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place butternut squash halves on a large baking sheet flesh side up.
- Place 1 teaspoon butter in the middle of each squash.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over each squash.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Roast 25 minutes, until flesh is fork-tender.
- Reserve 2 halves for future meal.