Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another wonderful recipe from my pamper me swap magazine Donna Hay.
- 1 lb butter beans
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, halved and blanched
- 1⁄4 cup sage leaf
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 ounces butter, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place beans, oil, almonds, sage, salt and pepper in a baking dish and toss to combine.
- Top with butter and roast for 15 minutes until the beans are tender and golden.
- Place roasted beans in a bowl and pour the butter mixture over to serve.
This was a really good side. I didn't have sage leaves, so I used a tsp of ground sage & it still worked really well. Definitely a repeat!
The ingredients and some reviewers comments confused me. MarraMamba says to use 1# butter beans; whereas reviewers used canned beans. So, I compromised and used a 1# bag of frozen butter beans and cooked them according to directions. These were much more firm than the canned ones, which I was afraid would disintegrate while roasting? Anyway, the resulting side was very, very tasty indeed! Thanks!
I made 3 servings of this recipe but used a whole drained and rinsed (15oz) can of butter beans. I don't normally like "lima" beans but I love sage so decided to try this. We all LOVED it! There wasn't any butter sauce but these ended up like roasted potatoes which we were very happy about because we can't have potatoes on the South Beach Diet. These will be our new potato substitution! Yay! The smell of fresh and roasting sage also makes your house smell very nice. Thanks for this HEALTHY KEEPER recipe. Made for Photo Tag.