Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Fine Cooking.
Make and share this Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Wild Mushrooms and Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise (5 cups)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 lb chanterelle mushroom, halved if small (about 4-1/2 cups)
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- freshly ground black pepper
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 450°F.
- Put the Brussels sprouts on a rimmed baking sheet, and drizzle with 3 Tbs. of the olive oil; toss to coat. Spread the Brussels sprouts in an even layer and season generously with salt. Roast until tender and browned, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over high heat. When the pan is hot, add 1 Tbs. of the olive oil and 2 Tbs. of the butter. When the butter has melted, add the mushrooms in an even layer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are golden-brown and tender and the mushroom liquid (if any) has evaporated, 5 to 8 minutes. Season to taste with salt and transfer to a plate.
- Set the skillet over medium-high heat and add the remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil and 1 Tbs. butter. When the butter has melted, add the shallot, season with a pinch of salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the wine and cook until reduced by half, about 1 minute. Return the mushrooms to the pan and add the Brussels sprouts and cream. Stir in a few grinds of pepper and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the cream thickens and coats the vegetables nicely, 3 to 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- Make Ahead Tips: The brussels sprouts can be roasted and the mushroom seared up to 8 hours ahead. Make the sauce and finish the dish just before serving.
OMG, this was awesome beyond words! I followed the recipe to the letter (except that I burned up the first batch of brussels sprouts) and will DEFINITELY make this again!! Thanks for sharing!<br/>Made for CQ 2014