Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
When I saw this recipe on foodtv, I thought I would give brussels sprouts a try. I LOVED it. I get to craving these & will make a batch just for myself. The cooking time may sound too long, but I have never had either the brussels sprouts or pine nuts burn. I do like the suggestion to keep your pine nuts in the freezer - that should help to keep them from burning.
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Heat oven to 425.
- cut the bottoms off the Brussels sprouts and trim any damaged leaves. Cut in half.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into a bowl. Mix to combine. Add Brussels sprouts and mix until coated.
- Put in a roasting pan in the oven for 45 minutes, stiring once after about 25 minutes, until brown and caramelized.
I loved this recipe! so simple and so delicious. I added the pine nuts in the last ten minutes. I will make this again! ps I love brussels sprouts
Yum! I cooked at 400*F. for 45 minutes, adding in the pine nuts the last 10 minutes. Thanks! Made for PAC(Pick a Chef).
I never knew Brussels sprouts could be so good. I too had to reduce the roasting time to about 25 minutes. I was worried about the pine nuts getting a little bit too cooked if they were in there all that time, so I froze them beforehand. This made both the Brussels sprouts and the pine nuts come out just perfectly caramelized for my tastes. Thanks so much for such a delicious recipe!