Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Like many others I am not a fan of brussel sprouts, never made them, never even think of them as a possibility for a dinner vegetable. But this recipe changed my thinking! The dish was brought to Thanksgiving dinner and there was nothing left! The recipe serves 12, but I'm sure it can be easily halved. This is most definitely best when served immediately, but it was just great reheated in the microwave for about a minute and a half.
- 226.79 g pancetta, diced
- 226.79 g white pearl onions, blanched, shocked and peeled
- 8 garlic cloves, sliced in half
- 1814.36 g Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- black pepper
- kosher salt
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss Brussels Sprouts with olive oil and season liberally with kosher salt. Roast in oven until sprouts are bright green and tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- While sprouts are roasting, heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat and cook pancetta until browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add the pearl onions and garlic, reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring, until onions caramelize and are tender.
- Add the roasted sprouts to the saute pan. Toss well with the pearl onions and pancetta, adjust seasoning to taste and serve immediately.