Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Dijon, Walnuts and Crisp Crumbs
- Position racks in the top and bottom thirds of the oven and heat oven to 400°F Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk 1/4 cup of olive oil with the mustard, Worcestershire, caraway seeds, 1/2 teaspoon salt and about 10 grinds of pepper.
- Add the sprouts and toss to distribute the mustard mixture. Spread the sprouts in an even layer on the two baking sheets.
- Roast until cores of the sprouts are just barely tender and the leaves are browning and crisping a bit, 20 to 25 minutes.
- While the sprouts are roasting, make the topping. Line a plate with two layers of paper towels. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil with the mutter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. When the butter has stopped foaming add the breadcrumbs all at once; toss to coat with butter mixture.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the walnuts and 1/4 tsp, salt and cook, stirring constantly until the crumbs are browned and slightly crisp and the nuts are golden, 4 to 6 minutes. Dump the breadcrumb mixture onto the paper towels to drain the excess fat.
- Transfer the sprouts to a serving bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper if necessary. Sprinkle the crumbs over the sprouts just before serving.