Recipe by Kozmic Blues
I actually LOVE Brussels sprouts. I've really become fond of them cooked with a bit of sage as well. The roasting gives the outer leaves of the sprouts a crispy texture, while the middles remain nice and tender.
- 1 lb Brussels sprout, ends trimmed then cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, optional
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with half of the olive oil, 1 tsp ground sage and a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Place Brussels sprouts in a baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes or until spouts are crisp, yet tender.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add sliced garlic and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and stir in fresh lemon juice if using.
- Add roasted sprouts to the garlic oil, and toss to combine.