Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from Womans Day magazine, Nov. 2012. I plan to make it for Thanksgiving dinner and am posting here for safekeeping. To make ahead, refrigerate the roasted Brussels sprouts and onion for up to 1 day. To serve, bring to room temp., then warm at 375 for about 10 min. Prepare the brown butter sauce and spoon over the vegetables as directed.
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 red onions, cut into 1/2 in thick wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the Brussels sprouts, onions, oil , 1/2 t. salt and 1/4 t. pepper. Turn the Brussels sprouts cut-side down and roast until golden brown and tender, 20-25 min; transfer to platter.
- Five minutes before the Brussels sprouts are finished, melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat until foaming. Add the almond and cook, stirring, until the almonds and butter are golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Add the raisins, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoons salt and swirl the pan to combine. Spoon the brown butter mixture over the sprouts and onions.