Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great way to eat brussel sprouts! We had this with roasted pork tenderloin marinated in honey, mustard and garlic with crushed potatoes on the side. Delicious!
- 453.59 g Brussels sprout
- 6 slice smoked bacon
- 14.79 ml mustard seeds
- 1 medium onion, peeled, cut in crescents
- 1 apple, cut into crescents
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- Preheat oven to 175 Celcius.
- Trim the sprouts, remove dead leaves, cut in half.
- Toss sprouts with olive oil (about 1 T).
- Roast in oven for about 25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, saute the bacon til crisp.
- Keep 1 T of bacon grease, discard the rest.
- Add the mustard seeds to med-high pan until they start to pop.
- Add the onions and apples, lower the heat to medium and sauté. Stir occasionally. (5-6 minutes).
- Add the sugar, wine and vinegar. On med-high heat, reduce liquid to syrup.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the mustard.
- Add the bacon.
- Add the sprouts.
- Stir together.
- Add salt to taste. (May not be necessary depending on the bacon.