Recipe by COOKGIRl
Bon Appetit December 2005. Try this with another vegetable: asparagus, broccoli, etc.
Top Review by jenbrecker
These were the best brussels sprouts I have ever had, with a very minor tweak! I took the bacon and rendered a little bit of fat from it in a saute pan first, then added the bacon, plus the fat, to the brussels sprouts and lemon slices. I also added a dash of sage which goes so well with brussels sprouts. This will be my go-to recipe from here on out. Delicious!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts, about 1-inch diameter
- 1 lemon
- 1 1⁄4 cups bacon, diced small (about 6 ounces)
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the brussels sprouts down to the root end, but do not cut completely in half.
- Cut the lemon in half lengthwise then thinly slice crosswise.
- Heat salted water to boiling and cook the brussel sprouts until they are crisp-tender, approximately 5 minutes. Drain.
- Arrange the brussels sprouts singly on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle and lemon slices and bacon, salt and pepper; stirring to combine.
- Roast the brussels sprouts until tender and beginning to turn brown. Stir the brussel sprouts every 10 minutes; about 30 mintutes total roasting time.
- Transfer to serving platter and serve hot.