Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an adaptation of Anne Burrell's recipe. I am a former Brussels Sprouts hater who now loves them! I use frozen sprouts, but fresh would probably be even better!
- 1 lb Brussels sprout, cut in half
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, roasted
- 3 slices bacon, cut into lardons- use thick slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss sprouts with olive oil, salt and garlic.
- Roast in baking pan until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast pine nuts in skillet. Set aside.
- In same pan, cook bacon until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Toss the roasted pine nuts and bacon with sprouts, roast for a few more minutes or until heated through.
I love brussels sprouts, and this is an excellent way to prepare them. I've done them in a skillet this way, but love the depth that roasting them brings out. Especially enjoyed the pine nuts. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe! Made for Newest Tag game.
I could have and almost did make my whole meal nothing but these tasty sprouts. I love garlic roasted sprouts and your addition of pine nuts and bacon is yum yummy. Thanks for the post.
Made for your latest Football Pool win - Except for the addition of caramelized onion, your recipe was made exactly as written & was excellent ... The best very way to serve this humble veggie in my opinion. Thx for sharing this sure-to-be-repeated recipe w/us. :-)