Recipe by Annacia
This colorful dish mixes balsamic vinegar, honey, and mustard for a balance of sweet and savory. At just 141 calories per serving, it’s a healthy option to round out any meal.
Top Review by WiGal
Lovely Brussels sprouts recipe! Dressing is a tad sour so next time I would reduce vinegar slightly. Used crisp bacon that I have frozen and stirred that in about 10 minutes before serving . I prepped this earlier except for apple. Served with recipe#294925 and recipe#504145.
- 12 ounces Brussels sprouts (trimmed and halved or quartered)
- 2 sweet cooking apples, cored and cut into wedges (such as Gala or Fuji)
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 ounces finely chopped pancetta or 3 ounces cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil; set aside. In a large bowl combine Brussels sprouts, apples, onion, pancetta, oil, salt, mustard seeds, and pepper. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking pan.
- Roast, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until sprouts are tender, stirring once.
- In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, honey, and Dijon mustard. Drizzle vinegar mixture over sprout mixture; toss gently to coat.