Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I know not everybody likes Brussels sprouts but this is a really good recipe! I got it from Martha Stewart Living.
- 3 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup slivered almonds (4 Oz.)
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place sprouts,butter,and almonds on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper; toss to combine. Roast, stirring, until golden brown and tender, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; immediately dress with honey and lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
I absolutely love this recipe. I have made it for several family gatherings and even those anti-brussels sprout family members thought this recipe was fantastic. I made it with the almonds as directed, but substituted cashews on a separate occasion. Both were delicious!
I usually add the almonds at the end of the roasting to prevent them from burning, but when I use cashews, I toss them in at the same time as the dressing without roasting them.
My new favorite Brussels Sprout recipe. I added the slivered almonds the last few minuets of cooking so they didn't burn. I also mixed the honey with the lemon and then tossed the sprouts in.