Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Caramelized onions and shallots give this dish a lot of flavor.
Make and share this Roasted Brussels Sprouts W/ Bacon & Shallots recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, halved
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cooked bacon, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut ends off of brussels sprouts and remove any damaged outer leaves. Cut sprouts in half and mix in a large bowl with 3 TB olive oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Caramelize onions, shallots, and garlic on the stovetop with 1/2 TB olive oil. Add Bacon and cook for one more minute (I use the precooked Real Bacon Pieces you can buy at the supermarket).
- Add Caramelized onion mixture to bowl of sprouts and stir well to mix.
- Evenly distribute mixture on a sheet pan and roast for 35-40 minutes. Sprouts should be browned on the outside, but easily pierced with a fork.