Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
I get the Vegetarian Times Magazine and this is one of the great recipes I found in the January 2010 edition. The vegetables are so colorful and the flavor of this dish is outstanding.
- 2 1⁄2 cups Brussels sprouts (trimmed and halved)
- 2 small red onions (cut into 8ths, about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium sweet potato (cubed 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 small parsnips (sliced 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole baby carrots
- 10 garlic cloves (slightly crushed and peeled)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sheets nori (this is the seaweed you see wrapped around sushi)
- 1⁄3 cup hazelnuts (toasted and chopped..I used brazil nuts because I couldn't find hazelnuts)
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil (toasted if you can find it)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400'F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Toss the brussels sprouts, onion, sweet potato, parsnips, carrots, and garlic in the olive oil in a large bowl. Make sure all the veggies are well coated.
- Transfer your coated veggies to the prepared baking sheet and roast 35-40 minutes or until the veggies are tender and browned. Stir them 1/2 way through to ensure the tops of the veggies also get browned.
- While the veggies are cooking put the nori sheets one on top of the other and roll in a cigar shape. With a sharp pair of scissors cut it in little pieces. When the piece uncoil they should be in long strands. Set them aside.
- When the veggies are done transfer them to a large baking dish and toss with the hazelnuts, walnut oil and nori strips.
- Season with salt and pepper if you like.
- Bon Appetit!