Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping. From First, November 17, 2008.
Top Review by Chef Smartypup
I made these tonight. I only had about 3-4 cups of sprouts and they were huge, so I quartered them. I put the sprouts, slivered red onion, slivered shallot, only 1 tbsp. olive oil, kosher salt, fresh pepper and 1/2 tsp. sugar in a big zip lock to toss. It was delightfully delicious! The white balsamic finishes the dish with just the right amount of freshness. Sometimes I don't like the heavy taste of Brussels Sprouts, but this cooking method provided a light fresh and easy side dish.
- 1133.98 g fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise (8 cups)
- 1 red onion, quartered and thinly sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml white balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line jellyroll pan with foil.
- In large bowl, toss sprouts and onion with oil, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Spread in single layer in pan.
- Roast 35 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time, until sprouts are tender and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Drizzle with vinegar; toss well.