Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From First, November 17, 2008.
Make and share this Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Red Onions recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line jellyroll pan with foil.
- In large bowl, toss sprouts and onion with oil, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Spread in single layer in pan.
- Roast 35 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time, until sprouts are tender and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Drizzle with vinegar; toss well.
I made these tonight. I only had about 3-4 cups of sprouts and they were huge, so I quartered them. I put the sprouts, slivered red onion, slivered shallot, only 1 tbsp. olive oil, kosher salt, fresh pepper and 1/2 tsp. sugar in a big zip lock to toss. It was delightfully delicious! The white balsamic finishes the dish with just the right amount of freshness. Sometimes I don't like the heavy taste of Brussels Sprouts, but this cooking method provided a light fresh and easy side dish.
This just might be my new favorite way to make brussels sprouts! I also loved the idea of using tin foil - easy clean up and no more roasted brussels sprout shaped stains on my pans.
We like roasted veggies, but brussels sprouts have always been a hard sell in my family. I enjoyed this very much. I used 4 cups sprouts and kept the remaining indredients the same. The balsamic vinegar was a nice touch. The rest of my family, well it may be too much to ask for them to love brussels sprouts, but I'll keep trying.