1/1 Photo of Roasted Brussels Sprouts
CHEF GRPA's Note:
Brussels sprouts - the perfect holiday side dish - are simply seasoned with salt, pepper, and olive oil, then slow-roasted in a very hot oven until darkest brown. They are the perfect combination of sweet and salty, and make for perfect snack leftovers straight from the fridge the next day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Preheat oven to 425*F.
- 22. Place trimmed Brussels sprouts, olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal tightly, and shake to coat. Pour onto a baking sheet, and place on center oven rack.
- 33. Roast in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, shaking pan every 4 to 6 minutes for even browning. Reduce heat when necessary to prevent burning. Brussels sprouts should be darkest brown, almost black, when done. Adjust seasoning with kosher salt, if necessary. Serve immediately.
- 4My Note: I did do 2 changes: 1- we halved them, so that we wouldn't get "mushy middles", lol. And, I read somewhere that if you remove the "choke" that's at the bottom of the sprout (inside), the brussel sprout will not be bitter. Voila! it worked! These yummmy, salty, nutty, crunchy, carmelized brussel sprouts were SO good. No bitterness what so ever! The super dark carmelized parts of the roasted bsprouts were the best! LUVVVVV this recipe, and will make over and over again!
- 5This time, The only difference is that I sprinkle a few cloves of minced garlic on top as the sprouts roast, which is delicious--the roasted garlic is sweet and compliments the sprouts without overpowering them. Also, I usually parboil the sprouts first (for 2 minutes). This draws out bitterness, and cuts down on roasting time (25 minutes to nicely blackened).
- 6Do it just long enough for the outer leaves to turn brown/crispy, about 15 minutes. So easy, so delicious. Sometimes I sprinkle balsamic vinegar on top.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.0
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 411.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 2.9 g