Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Tasty side dish and easy way to get the kids to eat brussel sprouts. Actually I've served these to people who swear they hate brussel sprouts and now they'll eat them this way and actually really like them. I think it is the carmelization that makes them so tasty
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the bottoms off the brussel sprouts and trim off any damaged outer leaves. Soak them in a bowl of cold water for a few minutes and drain them well.
- Cut them in half and put them into a roasting pan. Add the thyme, oregano, garlic powerder, salt and pepper. Add the olive oil and vinegar and toss everything well to coat.
- Put the roasting pan into the oven and cook for 20 minutes. Give everything a good stir and cook for 25 minutes more, or until the brussel sprouts are nicely browned and caramelized.
I loved this recipe. My favorite so far for brussels sprouts. I used dried thyme and oregano but this summer I'll have to try fresh herbs. Thanks Jencathen :) Made for Cookbook tag game
If you like brussels sprouts this is not the recipe for you. All I could taste was the balsalmic vinegar.
These were the best ever! Got my picky husband who swears he hates brussel sprouts to eat them and said I could make them anytime!