Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Holiday Side Dishes From Woman's World Magazine 11/23/04. Roasted with French herbs, red onions and crunchy pecans, then tossed with butter, these Brussels sprouts are sensational. When buying fresh Brussels sprouts, choose ones that are small, bright green, firm and have compact leaves.
Top Review by CaliforniaJan
This is fantastic! I used less oil and shallots and it worked out beautifully. Also at the end rather than add a ton of calories with the two tablespoons of butter I just spritzed it a couple times with the butter spray. Very good sprouts!
- 4 (12 ounce) packages fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved lengthwise, 3 lbs., about 12 cups
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced, about 2 cups
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry herbes de provence
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In large bowl toss Brussels sprouts, onion, and pecans with oil, salt, herbes and pepper until coated. Spread mixture over large ungreased jellyroll pan.
- Roast, stirring once, until sprouts are browned and tender, 20-25 minutes. Transfer to serving bowl; toss with butter to coat.