Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These roasted brussels sprouts will become a favorite in your family because they are easy to make and the taste is wonderful. This is a Paula Dean recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Trim ends of Brussels sprouts, leaving sprouts whole. Wash sprouts with cold water; drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, butter, salt, and pepper. Add sprouts, tossing gently to coat.
- Place in a 13x9-inch baking dish. Add 1/2 cup water, and bake for 30 minutes, or until tender.
We liked these. Definitely add garlic.
Wonderful flavor and crunch, but I agree with another reviewer that there is too much butter. Oh, wait isn't this a Paula Deen recipe? Never mind then ;-) Thank you for sharing.
These are delicous. The combination is wonderful, but I think there is too much butter. The olive oil, salt, and black pepper are perfect. I added a little crushed garlic to the mix...just couldn't resist. Thanks for posting. Made for ZWT5.