Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
This comes from one of my favorite chefs, Ina Garten, The Barefoot Contessa. This is the only way I like brussels sprouts. I add a little chopped garlic to this recipe!
Top Review by sloe cooker
Very tasty indeed! I love brussels sprouts prepared any way that you can cook them, this is one of my favorite ways. I grabbed a handful of frozen sprouts and put on a foil lined tray, sprinkled with olive oil, salt and a few turns of the pepper mill. Threw it in the oven with a meatloaf and cooked for 40 minutes. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off the ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves.
- Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer them to a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp outside and tender inside.
- Shake the pan from time to time to brown the Brussels sprouts evenly.
- Sprinkle with more kosher salt (I like these salty like French fries) and serve hot.