Recipe by What's Cooking?
Quick, simple, and unbelievably tasty. This recipe could make even a self-professed brussels sprout hater change their mind. Roasting at a high temperature with olive oil brings out the sweetness and reduces the cabbagey taste of brussels sprouts, caramelizing the edges.
Top Review by airlink diva
Since September been in the process of eating more veggies. I would eat Brussel Sprouts from time to time,but never made an effort to eat them.<br/>I pulled a small package out of the freezer and decided to check out recipes here. The items needed are things always on hand and the reviews were great.<br/>I fixed this for dinner.<br/>OMG they are so yummy! I chopped some garlic and placed it half way during the cooking.<br/>I love the taste with the slight burn on the end taste! This will go into my veggie rotation!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the bottom of each brussels sprout off (about 1/4" or less) and then slice in half lengthwise.
- Toss all ingredients and place in a single layer on a baking dish.
- Roast for 25 minutes or until brussels sprouts are slightly browned and tender throughout.
- Serve hot or cold.