Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Quick, simple, and unbelievably tasty. This recipe could make even a self-professed brussels sprout hater change their mind. Roasting at a high temperature with olive oil brings out the sweetness and reduces the cabbagey taste of brussels sprouts, caramelizing the edges.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the bottom of each brussels sprout off (about 1/4" or less) and then slice in half lengthwise.
- Toss all ingredients and place in a single layer on a baking dish.
- Roast for 25 minutes or until brussels sprouts are slightly browned and tender throughout.
- Serve hot or cold.
Since September been in the process of eating more veggies. I would eat Brussel Sprouts from time to time,but never made an effort to eat them.<br/>I pulled a small package out of the freezer and decided to check out recipes here. The items needed are things always on hand and the reviews were great.<br/>I fixed this for dinner.<br/>OMG they are so yummy! I chopped some garlic and placed it half way during the cooking.<br/>I love the taste with the slight burn on the end taste! This will go into my veggie rotation!
This is our new go-to veggie recipe. Simple ingredients, wonderful flavor. My husband "doesn't like brussel sprouts".......make that, "didn't love brussel sprouts". He loves this recipe. Thanks for posting!
My hubby and I have been brussel sprout haters for a very long time. I thought I'd try them again. These was delicious!! We have reversed our opinion of sprouts now.