Recipe by Sassy in da South
Found this posted on a blog and since I am trying to eat healthier and continue to lose weight, I have added this to my new weekly rotation. I never cared for boiled brussel sprouts, but roasted, they were awesome. The recipe loader wouldnt let me use Truvia instead of the sugar. I use 6 packets of Truvia instead of the sugar, for calorie reduction, etc.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim/clean Brussels sprouts, then cut them in half if desired (or you can leave them whole). Arrange on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with plenty of salt and pepper and roast at 375?F degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until brown.
- Combine balsamic vinegar and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and reduce until very thick, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drizzle the balsamic reduction over the roasted sprouts, then sprinkle on dried cranberries. Toss and serve immediately.