Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
We enjoyed this as part of our Thanksgiving meal. Recipe source: Prevention (November 2011)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Heat oven to 450- degrees F. Line cookie sheet with foil.
- Spread sprouts on prepared pan and toss with oil.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes.
- Add onions to pan, toss and roast for another 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with the vinegar, toss and roast another 2 minutes.
- Transfer to serving dish and toss with salt and pepper.
As much as we enjoy Brussels sprouts, I did cut this recipe in half so that we'd have leftovers for not more than a 2nd meal! Also seasoned the final product with lemon pepper & just a pinch of salt! Worked our just fine & we loved the sprout & onion combo! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar recipe tag]
Delish! I did cook them a little longer than called for.Love, really loved, the balsamic vinegar with the sprouts. Thanks Ellie! Made for Vegetarian Swap-July 2013.
We love Brussels sprouts...so I knew this would be a winner...very tasty and easy to prepare...I didn't change a thing...thanks for posting it...=)