Recipe by Cookin-jo
Few ingredients, easy, and flavourful.... my kind of recipe! The sweet and tart vinaigrette gets all its sweetness from the raisins. This reminds me of a hot version of the raw broccoli, cauliflower and raisin salad that's so popular. Adapted from Bon Appetit.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli, stems removed and cut into florets
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (or champagne vinegar)
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 -2 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place broccoli florets on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with 3 Tbsp olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and toss to coat.
- Roast until broccoli is browned in spots, 15 to 25 minutes: at 15 minutes mine is just right for me, browned but still a bit crunchy.
- Meanwhile, combine in a blender or mini-food processor: 3 Tbsp oil, the vinegars, raisins, water, and cumin.
- Pulse until the raisins are finely chopped. (If the vinaigrette becomes too thick add water, one Tbsp at a time, to thin.).
- Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer broccoli to a large bowl and toss with the vinaigrette.